Join SPAWN at the
Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (LATFB) is billed as the nation’s largest public literary festival, having attracted around 140,000 people last year.
It wasn’t always this big, and some of us here at SPAWN remember its beginnings. The LATFB launched in 1996, the same year that SPAWN did. SPAWN has had a presence at this now-gigantic event almost every year since.
The LATFB will be held at a new venue this year—the University of Southern California campus in Los Angeles, April 30-May 1, 2011.
How You Can Participate
SPAWN has secured two booths to accommodate our members. If you'd like to share in the event, we have several options for this major bookselling opportunity. You can receive incredible exposure for your book (and you)!
If you would like to attend the show in Los Angeles, you can sell your book from our booth:
- Sell your book right from our booth for one day for $200.
BUY Online NOW: LATFB 2011 - Share SPAWN Booth - One Day
- Sell your book from our booth for both days for $400.
BUY Online NOW: LATFB 2011 - Share SPAWN Booth - Two Days
If you can't attend the show in person, you can:
- Display a copy of your book in our booth for $20.
BUY Online NOW: LATFB 2011 - Display Book That is Listed in SPAWN Catalog (CLOSED)
- Include your book in the SPAWN catalog for $35.
BUY Online NOW: Inclusion in the SPAWN Catalog
(DEADLINE: March 15, 2011 - CLOSED)
- Display a copy and include your book in the catalog for $55
BUY Online NOW: LATFB 2011 - Display One Book Plus Entry in SPAWN Catalog (CLOSED)
The SPAWN Catalog of Members’ Books and Services will serve as the brochure for all participants. Everyone visiting the SPAWN booth will walk away with one of our beautiful catalogs.
Follow These Steps
If you would like to take advantage of the opportunity to participate in the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books with us, please follow these steps:
1. Send an email to Patricia Fry (Patricia@spawn.org) with information about your book (or books) and what you'd like to do. Because space is limited, it's first come-first served, so it's important to coordinate with Patricia first.
2. If your book is not in the catalog already, please follow the steps on our Catalog page, including filling out the form with information about your book. You must give us your information by March 15, 2011 to be included.
3. Make your payment using one of the links above to pay through our online shopping cart, or mail a check for the appropriate amount to:
Small Publishers, Artists & Writers Network
323 E. Matilija St., Suite 110
Ojai, CA 93023
SPAWN Membership Has Its Privileges!
The LATFB opportunity is open to members only. If your membership has expired or you haven’t joined yet, this is a good time to take care of business.
You can Learn more about the LATFB here: http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks
If you have any questions or would like more information about past LATFB shows that SPAWN has participated in, please email Patricia@spawn.org.
Space is limited, so place your reservation NOW!
Also, don't forget that this offer is only open to current SPAWN members. If you aren't a member, join SPAWN now to participate!