Untreed Reads announces an open call for short stories for our holiday season. Please note the following:
- The holidays we are interested in are Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and New Year’s Day. We are looking for Hanukkah and Kwanzaa stories in particular.
- Short stories may be in any genre (except religious, erotica, children’s, or anything above a PG-13 romance), but must encompass one of the holidays listed above.
- The short stories will NOT be in an anthology, but rather published as stand-alone stories. All will receive our standard short-story line covers.
- Previously published material is fine, providing electronic rights have reverted to the author.
- Stories may not be shorter than 1,500 words or longer than 5,000 words.
- Deadline for Thanksgiving submissions is October 31, 2011. Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah deadline is November 15. New Year’s Day deadline is November 30. Submissions received after these dates will not be considered.
- For this call, we can accept only works where we can be granted worldwide English rights. Our regular contract and royalties apply.
- This is an open call, and may be reposted and resubmitted everywhere.
All submissions should be sent to Jay Hartman, Editor-in-Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12pt and as a DOC format attachment. Submissions may NOT be submitted as either PDF or in the body of an e-mail. Stories sent in that manner will not be considered. Please indicate the holiday in your subject line, using the following format: HOLIDAY: NAME OF STORY.
Once we have selected our stories for the season, all authors will be notified as to the final status of their submitted manuscript.
Please direct any questions regarding this call to Jay Hartman at email@example.com.
Jay Hartman, Editor-In-Chief, Untreed Reads Publishing www.untreedreads.com