The Independent Writers of Southern California (IWOSC.ORG) presents AGENTS UPDATE 2011: What You Need to Know to Be a Savvy Player in Today’s Publishing Game, Monday, May 2, 7:30 p.m. In a changing marketplace, it’s more important than ever to have an advocate to fight for you when going the route of traditional publishing. The May program will present a panel of Los Angeles agents and a prominent literary attorney who will provide a look at their world today—what you need to know to find the right representative, how to get his/her attention, and the steps you should take to create the strongest relationship. They’ll look at hot genres like YA, self-publishing’s influence on the book market, and the e-book factor. They will also have a manager of screenwriters to cover representation when writing for film and TV.
Panelists will include:
• Paul S. Levine, Paul S. Levine Literary Agency, www.paulslevinelit.com
• Ashley Grayson, Grayson Literary Agency, www.graysonagency.com
• Carolyn Grayson, Grayson Literary Agency, www.graysonagency.com
• Taylor Martindale, Sandra Dijkstra Agency, www.dijkstraagency.com
• Jennifer Rofé, Andrea Brown Literary Agency, Inc., www.andreabrownlit.com
• Greg Gertmenian, Abbott Management, www.abbotmanagement.com
• Ivan Hoffman, Literary Attorney, www.ivanhoffman.com
Moderator: Robin Quinn, an award-winning book editor, ghostwriter and publishing consultant www.writingandediting.biz.
Location: Veterans Memorial Building, 4117 Overland Avenue (corner Culver Blvd. – free parking; entrance on Culver), Culver City. Cost: General admission $15. IWOSC members free. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED: Call 877-79-WRITE