The Motherhood Muse WRITING CONTEST
1. There are two categories: Fiction Short Story and Non-Fiction Literary Essay.
2. The story and characters of the fiction short story must be fiction.
3. Entry must be between 500–1,200 words. (The title is not included in the word count.)
4. Use Times New Roman (size 12 font) or Arial (size 11 font), double-space in the e-mail.
5. Word count should be noted at the end of the entry with your personal information.
6. Open prompt for both categories. Any genre is accepted.
7. Each entry will be evaluated for key components of literature (voice, figurative language, original approach to the story or essay, engaging character development, strength of opening and ending, mechanics and structure).
First Place for Fiction Short Story and Non-Fiction Literary Essay (each winner will receive): $100 + publication in the e-Zine + interview on the blog
Second Place for Fiction Short Story and Non-Fiction Literary Essay (each winner will receive): $50 + publication in the e-Zine + interview on the blog
FALL Contest – Deadline is November 1, 2010 (Midnight PST)
http://www.themotherhoodmuse.com/ Check the site for the long and detailed list of rules to enter