- President’s Letter
– Editor’s Note
– Market Update by Patricia Fry
– Editors Are People Too by Darrell Laurent
– A Special Offer from Linda Formicelli—Ten Query Letter Samples
– Book Doctor by Bobbie Christmas
– Tapping Your Innate Creativity by Barbara Florio Graham
– Give Up Your Dream—Not an Option by June Shaw, author and screenwriter
– Featured Member—Jenevieve Fisher
– Smashwords Dissected by A. William Benitez
– Member News
– Blogging to Promote Books by Andrea Hazard
– Member Blogs
Here’s What’s New – a dozen items, including two debuts: the 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style and the 2011 Writer’s Market.
Opportunities for Freelance Writers – 4 writers’ job boards, a directory of job boards for writers and 20 paying markets for fiction and nonfiction.
Opportunities for Authors – 7 publishers who pay advances.
Book Promotion Opportunities – message board directory, free ebook listings and interview opportunities for published authors.
Opportunities for Photographers – 5 of them.
Going, Going, Gone – 7 magazines have folded.
Resources for Writers and Authors – upgrade for popular writers’ website, recommended newsletters and writers’ conference directories.