SPAWNews Newsletter – April 2010
- President’s Letter from Susan Daffron
- Editor’s Note from Sandra Murphy
- Market Update by Patricia Fry
- Book Doctor by Bobbie Christmas
- Member News
- Word Usage by Bonnie Myhrum
- Book review by Patricia Fry—The Power of Memoir, How to Write Your Healing Story By Linda Joy Myers, Ph.D.
- How to Turn a Book into a Play by Sandra Jones Cropsey
- Art in a Slow Economy by Susan Alcott Jardine
- Tapping Your Innate Creativity by Barbara Florio Graham
SPAWN President Susan Daffron and her husband James Byrd are offering a writing retreat for non-fiction book authors this fall (September 24-29). Initial information on the reatreat is available here:
Cabin in the Woods Writing Retreat – http://leiurl.com/?retreat
The Al Blanchard Award is given at New England Crime Bake, which is held every November in the Boston area. The award is given for a crime story by a New England author or, if you are not from New England, for a crime story with a New England setting.
On April 22 at 1 pm Pacific time, we will have a SPAWN member teleseminar with Ron “Hobie” Hobart from Dunn+Associates Design for Authors, Speakers, and Experts. The title is: You Have 10 Seconds to Sell Your Book! Use the Power of Your Book Cover To Launch Your Business Empire