SPAWNews Newsletter – April 2010
– President’s Letter from Susan Daffron
– Editor’s Note from Sandra Murphy
– Market Update by Patricia Fry
– Book Doctor by Bobbie Christmas
– Member News
– Word Usage by Bonnie Myhrum
– Book review by Patricia Fry—The Power of Memoir, How to Write Your Healing Story By Linda Joy Myers, Ph.D.
– How to Turn a Book into a Play by Sandra Jones Cropsey
– Art in a Slow Economy by Susan Alcott Jardine
– Tapping Your Innate Creativity by Barbara Florio Graham
Here’s What’s New – An innovative marketing program for booksellers, Entrepreneur
launches an online mag for seniors, Sam’s Club starts a Book Club, and more.
Opportunities for Freelance Writers – 10 magazines that pay, including 7 regionals.
Opportunities for Fiction Writers — 22 good fiction markets you’ve never heard of.
Book Promotion Opportunities – 12 Book Review and 14 Book Excerpt opportunities
Opportunities for Photographers — 3 opportunities with magazines.
Job Opportunities – 2 of them.
Going, Going, Gone — 8 magazines, newsletters and sites are folding.
Resources for Authors – The Vook, a book bundle bargain a Facebook club for writers and more.
SPAWN President Susan Daffron and her husband James Byrd are offering a writing retreat for non-fiction book authors this fall (September 24-29). Initial information on the reatreat is available here:
Cabin in the Woods Writing Retreat – http://leiurl.com/?retreat
The Al Blanchard Award is given at New England Crime Bake, which is held every November in the Boston area. The award is given for a crime story by a New England author or, if you are not from New England, for a crime story with a New England setting.
On April 22 at 1 pm Pacific time, we will have a SPAWN member teleseminar with Ron “Hobie” Hobart from Dunn+Associates Design for Authors, Speakers, and Experts. The title is: You Have 10 Seconds to Sell Your Book! Use the Power of Your Book Cover To Launch Your Business Empire